Travel Guide in Yogyakarta
Travel guide in Yogyakarta are a lot of information about tourist destination, travel tips, easiest tranport for your travelling in Jogja around. Yogyakarta or better known as Jogjakarta or often pronounced with a short words “Jogja”. Jogja has a title as the city with the number of college students are many and there are faculty educators and educated many students born in the city of Yogyakarta this. Besides, Yogyakarta is also known as a Gudeg City, which is the typical culinary food Jogja highly favored by tourists every visit in Yogyakarta.
Here we will inform you about The travel guide in Yogyakarta that provides easy vacation and tour in Yogyakarta. Yogyakarta has many of the best sights have world class. The travel guide in Yogyakarta also provides important information on cheap holidays and tips for easier planning your holiday travel and ticket information and car rental, transport.
Breaking News in Yogyakarta
The travel guide in Yogyakarta : Yogyakarta one of the oldest provinces in Indonesia has an area of approximately 3185.80 km2 and a population of up to 2015 as many as 3.5 million people. Consists of municipal Yogyakarta, Bantul, Kulon Progo, Gunung Kidul, and Sleman.
Yogyakarta also has a tourist attraction is very strong for tourists from within the country and abroad. Besides the hundreds of the biggest tourist attractions in all areas of the city and district, also has the famous tourist spots in the world like Prambanan temple is one of the world cultural heritage of UNESCO.
In the development history of the struggle for Indonesian independence, Sultan of Yogyakarta palace who at the time led by Sri Sultan Hamengku Buwono IX that plays a very important help in the process of independence in the revolutionary period of the Indonesian nation in 1945
Public Transportation Access Go to Yogyakarta
We will also inform you about The travel guide in Yogyakarta . One of them is an easy way to get to Yogyakarta for vacation travel and Tour in Yogyakarta, such as by using transport Aircraft, Public Bus Transportation, Railway or you can use a private car or a rental car to get to the various tourist spots in Yogyakarta.
Transportation by air
The airport of Yogyakarta has International Airport, better known by the name Adisucipto Airport. The IATA code: JOG.
Yogyakarta Airport has an area of approximately 88.700m2 and one airport are crowded and congested. Many domestic and international commercial flights landing at Yogyakarta Airport every day. Among them: Garuda Indonesia, Lion Air, City Link, Air Asia, Silk Air, Malaysia Air.
Airport Jogja also provides a very complete range of facilities such as the international airport there is Tourist Information Services standby throughout the day, the ATM machine terminal arrival and departure. Car Rental Counter, Reservation and Package Tour at the front door of the arrival Airport Jogja.
(Read Realated Link : How to Get Car Rental in Yogyakarta Airport Yogyakarta and Car rental from Airport to Transfer in Hotel in Yogyakarta )
Airport Jogja as a tourist gateway in Yogyakarta also provides complete transport facility such as Taxi Airport and access to the transport network Railways in the complex of the airport of Yogyakarta. You just walk to the train station. The train station Maguwo this you can set out for Station to Station Jogja or Solo that could leave every hour from the railway station.
Adisucipto International Airport, Location: Jl. Solo km. 9 Yogyakarta, Phone: +62 0274 484261
Tourist Information: + 62 0274 387202
Transport by Public Bus Transportation
Yogyakarta city also has a very main bus terminal facilities, and serves as a point of departure and arrival of a passenger bus from Yogyakarta to various cities in Java and inter-province.
For transportation in the city of Yogyakarta, you can use bus transportation TRANS JOGJA. Trans Jogja is the name of bus transportation that has network stop heading to the best locations and located in the city of Yogyakarta as tourist attractions Prambanan, Airport Jogja, Train Station Tugu Jogja, Universities, Malioboro and other interesting sights that can use bus transportation as an alternative option selection of travel or tour in Yogyakarta. You only pay Rp.3.600 you can take bus transportation with Air conditioner and very comfortable seating.
The bus terminal is named Giwangan bus terminal that can meet a variety of bus capacity of Municipal and Provincial Affairs as one of the entry gates to the city of Yogyakarta. Both from Jakarta, Bandung, Semarang, Surabaya, Bali, which the largest terminal in the city of Yogyakarta.
Giwangan Bus Station, Location: Jl. Imogiri area Giwangan, Phone: 0274 378288
Transport by Rail
The travel guide in Yogyakarta also will provide information about traveling by train travel. Yogyakarta also has the famous train station and is a relic of the Dutch government is still well preserved until today.
Name station in Yogyakarta better known as the Tugu Jogja. The location is very strategic station in the middle of the city of Yogyakarta. You just walk will already be in Malioboro street is a legendary street in downtown Yogyakarta.
Jogja Tugu station as well as one of the major stations daily train dispatched to the area of Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Malang. And airport of departure to the nearby city such as Solo, Klaten, and Purworejo Kutoarjo like with Parameks or Prambanan Express train that departs almost every hour on price of Rp. 8,000/ticket.
Specially Express Rail, you can go and get off at the train station as quickly at Tugu Jogja by Argo Lawu from Jakarta, Argo Dwipangga or Bima Train from Surabaya. Ticket prices range from Rp.150,000 to Rp. 250,000 depending on the price of weekday, weekend or holiday season.
If you depart from Bandung, you can use Argo Wilis train that will go down in Yogyakarta in the morning or you can take option train use the train Lodaya.
Tugu Train Station Yogyakarta, Location: Jl. Mangkubumi / Margo Utomo, Yogyakarta, Phone: 0274 589685
Best Way to Seightseeing Yogyakakarta Tour
The travel guide in Yogyakarta is a city that is very unique when compared to developments in other Indonesian cities. In Yogyakarta still many historic buildings are well preserved, the Museum of Struggle, Education rides to various students like Taman Pintar.
If you are in the city center like in Tugu Jogja or at Kilometer Zero. You can enjoy the splendor of Dutch heritage buildings, the atmosphere of the city of Yogyakarta were beautiful and comfortable. As well as the friendliness and courtesy of the citizens of Yogyakarta, a typical Javanese highly viscous.
To enjoy the tourist attractions and cultural beauty in Yogyakarta, we suggest to use the means of transportation available in the city of Yogyakarta and surrounding Yogyakarta. Here are the The travel guide in Yogyakarta with various Best Way to Tour Around the city of Yogyakarta.
Seightseeing Tour in Yogyakarta use Becak
This method using Transportation of Becak are the most popular among travelers because it is more relaxed and get the thrill of an unforgettable experience in the city of Yogyakarta. Transportation by Becak is still maintained traditional transportation in Yogyakarta. Becak is a kind of bike with 3 wheels with passenger seating for 2 people.
You can take a Becak to take from a short distance, such as shopping for souvenirs, usher Beringharjo shopping in the market. We suggest you should make sure before using the services of a pedicab driver. Make sure the price for one-way or round-trip and inform the various places you want to go. The price for one-way use Becak average Rp.10,000 – Rp.20,000 depending on the distance to be traveled.
Seightseeing Tour in Yogyakarta use Taxi
This method will certainly be a bit draining your funds when using taxis, metered because that runs continuously during the course of the tour to the tourist attractions in Yogyakarta. This method should be used for short distance use. Such transfer in Airport to Hotel or drop to the Malioboro Street shopping center. The cab fare was Rp.6.000 and a minimum charge is Rp.20,000.
Seightseeing Tour in Yogyakarta use Car Rental
This method is often chosen by tourists every vacation in Jogja because of more efficient and cheaper if you use for a day trip to the tourist attractions in Jogja City. Usually you can rent a car with a driver to take to the tourist destination. Gasoline prices include well. So cheaper if you use for a sightseeing trip with a capacity of 2-6 people. In the city of Yogyakarta car rental companies offer the kind of car Toyota Avanza, Toyota Innova, Isuzu ELF. Prices car rental range from about Rp.500,000 to Rp.900.000 depending on the type of car your selected.
(Related Link About Car Rental, Please Read : Best Reservation Online Car Rental in Yogyakarta )
For tourist destinations you can visit like used to see tourist attractions in Yogyakarta like Sultan Palace/Kraton, Taman Sari, Taman Pintar, see the museum, Zoo,etc. There are several car rental companies in Jogja well-known and trusted can. You use as a reference point of your trip :
– Jogjarentcar.com phone number: 081802775999
– Jogjasewamobil.com phone number: 081390363099
– Jogjarentalmobil.co.id phone number: 087838827717
Seightseeing Tour in Yogyakarta use Horse Drawn Carriage
Andong is a traditional transport pulled by horses with a seating capacity of approximately 4 people. This method is very intersting to travel around the city of Yogyakarta and experience in Jogja this holiday will not be forgotten with your family. The cart driver can be hung waiting for passengers along Malioboro Street. You better bargain before riding horse cart to travel around the city of Yogyakarta. Usually they to offering at a price of Rp.50.000 to round Malioboro Street.
Tourist Attractions in Yogyakarta
The travel guide in Yogyakarta many save tens of best tourist places of interest to visit and one of the best tourist destinations in Indonesia. The appeal is made Yogyakarta a choice for the traveler to plan a vacation every year and many choices of tourist attractions that provide an enjoyable experience as Nature Tourism, Culture and Museum is famous around the world.
Yogyakarta also has a long history in the development of Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam as well as the former one of the greatest empire in Indonesia in the heyday of the kingdom of Mataram. There are many heritage buildings Mataram kingdom which is still preserved at this saaat as Kraton Yogyakarta, Taman Sari and the oldest mosque in the town.
Relics of the golden era of the Hindu kingdom – the Buddhist Sailendra dynasty are the magnificent Buddhist temple Borobudur is the largest and the beauty of Hindu temples at Prambanan, Sewu temple, Ratu Boko temple. One of the tourist attractions in Yogyakarta who became Indonesia’s tourism magnet.
Tourist places in Yogyakarta municipality and spread over four districts with a wide variety of interesting attractions to visit. There are temples, cultural tourism, rural tourism beautiful, nature tourism and religious tourism is so much to be enjoyed. The travel guide in Yogyakarta, we will provide full information of the best sights in each district in Yogyakarta.
- Jogja Tugu Monument, one of the symbols of the city of Yogyakarta is located in the city center precisely on Jalan Jalan Margo Utomo or Mangkubumi. A parallel position with Mount Merapi-Kraton Jogja-South Beach. As well as a symbol of cosmology Kraton Yogyakarta.
- Fort Vre De Burg, one of the most comprehensive museum of the independence struggle in Yogyakarta. Located directly across the Great House or Presidential Palace. The building is a legacy of Dutch colonial used as a detention and renovated as tourist attractions in Yogyakarta.
- Taman Pintar, one of the most desirable tourist education students throughout Indonesia. In this place provides knowledge on science, knowledge of the complete animal. Located on the east Fort Vre de Burg.
- Kraton Jogja, is one of the tourist attractions in Yogyakarta’s most crowded tourist demand by foreign and domestic. Kraton Yogyakarta as one of the relics of the Mataram kingdom and as the center of Javanese culture is still preserved today.
- Water Castle/Taman Sari , one of the unique tourist attractions with Dutch architecture – Portuguese is one bathhouse sons and daughters of the King of the pond clean. Complex at the Kraton or 5 minutes of Kraton Yogyakarta. The place is also very crowded by tourists.
- Gembira Loka Zoo, located east of the city of Yogyakarta, about 10 KM from downtown Yogyakarta. Has a very complete collection of animals and a beautiful garden in Gembira Loka zoo .
- Malioboro Street is legendary street in the city of Yogyakarta and can not be separated from the history of the struggle of Indonesia. Jalan Malioboro also be one of the interesting sights in scenic landscapes visited as a souvenir and handicraft are sold alongside shops along this street.
- Prambanan Temple is the largest Hindu temple consisting of Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma temple located in the temple complex of Prambanan. One of the world’s cultural heritage and the heritage of Unesco that a strong attraction in Yogyakarta. Perjalan tour is incomplete if you do not visit at this Prambanan temple.
- Ratu Boko temple located on a hill which is the former kingdom and not far from Prambanan about 15 minutes to Ratu Boko temple. Tourist attraction in Ratu Boko temple is a best place to see the Sunset and destinations that deserve to go on tour in Yogyakarta itinerary not to be missed.
- Museum Sentanu Ulen , is a museum about Javanese culture and the nobles are very complete and sights that must be visited in the course of the tour in Jogja. This is one of the favorites and best museums in Indonesia according to Tripadvisor version.
- Lava Tour at Mount Merapi, is on tour in Jogja most popular to date. You can follow the journey Lava Jeep tour by car along the steep slopes of Merapi, and a close look at the former Merapi eruption 2010. One of the attractions that deserve to be visited during in Yogyakarta.
- Affandi Museum, is a museum of Mr. Affandi (alm) is a world-class painting maestro. In this season exhibited paintings by Affandi that you can enjoy. Ticket prices are 20,000 in Yogyakarta Adisucipto Street Tel: 0274 562 593.
- Kalibiru is the newest attractions is longer hits for the moment. Kalibiru that point view viewed views of the mountains thousand Menoreh and Sermo reservoir dam that looks green and very beautiful. The best time in the time of sunset with stunning views. The journey from Yogyakarta approximately 45 minutes or 35 km to the west of the city of Yogyakarta. Entrance tickets 10.000, –
- Sermo Reservoir is one of the largest reservoirs in Yogyakarta. Built for irigrasi farmland in Kulon Progo which was built by the Suharto government. Comprehensive Sermo reservoir approximately 157 hectares located in Kulon Progo.
- Curug Sidoharjo is a waterfall in Kulon Progo is located in the village Sidoharjo, District Samigaluh is indeed aesthetically enchanting place to visit. Air terju Sidoharjo altitude of approximately 75 meters is sloped 90 degrees. Here, you can also do sports activities canyoning on the river flow.
- Air Terjun Kedung Pedut at Jatimulyo village located in the Girimulyo, Kulonprogro has clear water with the color turquoise and very tasted fresh mountain water when you beredam right moment to relaxasi. Many domestic tourists visit these places every weekend. You are advised to bring a change of clothes if you want to enjoy the beauty of the waterfall Kedung this fog.
- Tea Garden Nglinggo has very beautiful scenery in the mountains incise with cool air, fresh. A height of about 1000 meters above sea level. You can also perform activities Nglinggo camping in the tea gardens are just a 45 minute trip from Yogyakarta by using a rental car in Yogyakarta.
- Parangtritis beach is the most favorite beach vacation options in Yogyakarta. Our tour from Yogyakarta to Parangtitis Beach about 45 minutes, or about 30 km to the east of the city of Yogyakarta. The south coast has big waves with clean sand. Here you can rent a mini buggy or horseback riding at a price of 25.000 for all rounds around the beach.
- Imogiri is the tomb of the kings of Mataram palace of Yogyakarta and Solo court. To reach the tomb you have to climb the stairs a number of 409 steps. The tomb is located in the south of the city of Yogyakarta around 27km with easy road access pass cars.
- Kasongan is a production of pottery and crafts located in Bantul district is very famous. Production of Kasongan widely exported to overseas and much in demand by consumers at a cheap price. Located south of the city of Yogyakarta and can be reached by car approximately 30 minutes.
- Kotagede is a handicraft center of silver very attracted tourists every vacation in Yogyakarta. You can find silver jewelry at bargain prices with a unique design. Here you can also take a close look of the jewelry making process. In the town still we find many ancient buildings that are still well maintained.
- Mount Nglanggeran as one of the ancient mountain, and according to the study of this ancient mountain has existed about 60 million years ago and at a height 700 mdpl. This location is in the village Nglanggeran, District Patuk Gunung Kidul. Or about a 45 minute journey from the city of Yogyakarta. Our tour to Gunung Kidul would be better to climb Mount Nglanggeran to see the beauty of Sunset and Sunrise from the height of this mountain.
- Kalisuci Cave or Goa Pindul is one of the most sought after tourist destinations currently in Gunung Kidul. Every weekend the place is flooded with tourists who want to vacation in the Gunung Kidul and enjoy the journey tour Kalisuci Cave Tubing down the river inside the cave Pindul. Located in the village Pacarejo in Semanu. Ticket prices for the tour at Cave Tubing 35,000
- Goa Jomblang is one of the sights of the most in demand by tourists who love adventure tour. You can navigate into the Cave of Joblang using a special rope vertically with a guide with special skills into the Luweng Grubug or “Light from Heaven”. The right time to go down and get in Goa is around 10 -11 in the afternoon when the sun entered into cave. If you depart from the city of Yogyakarta should you leave at 07:00 am from your Hotel. Admission tickets Rp.450.000 / person.
- Timang beach, this beach is the lobster producing area, local residents using wood retractable hanger ropes to the island Watu length. It takes courage to cross to see the big waves at the bottom of the sea. Timang beach is located in the village of Purwodadi, District Tepus in Gunung Kidul.
- Nglambor beach are different with some other southern coast. This Ngalambor beach has waves quieter and there are a lot of marine life such beautiful coral reefs and marine fish that live in this beach you can enjoy snorkeling. Nglambor beach located in Purwodadi, District of Tepus, Gunung Kidul.
Tour Itinerary Car Rental in Yogyakarta
The travel guide in Yogyakarta most exciting and provide important information to you regarding your tour itinerary. Setting travel itinerary or tour itinerary is important to plan your trip in Yogyakarta. The condition of public transport facilities are still limited in Yogyakarta and not many reach certain sites, you should use car rental in Yogyakarta for solution means of transportation to tourist spots in Yogyakarta, hotel, shopping and culinary places in Jogja city.
Make a plan tour itinerary and choose a rental car for your tour in Yogyakarta, is necessary in advance, prepare sights you will visit, how long you want to stay in Yogyakarta, the type of car you want to rent a car in Yogyakarta. This is very important in determining the budget holiday in Yogyakarta.
The travel guide in Yogyakarta also will provide recommendations to you about the best practical tour itinerary in tourist attractions in Yogyakarta. The travel guide for tour in Yogyakarta also will provide information on the price of rental car with a driver to travel where you want to select. The travel guide in Yogyakarta also provides detailed info tour itineray rental car in Yogyakarta are much favored by tourists every visit in Yogyakarta.
Here is the travel guide for tour itinerary use rental car in Yogyakarta. Tour itinerary for a day tour. If you plan to stay in Yogyakarta for 4 days, you can choose several different tour itinerary according to your wishes:
1.Tour Itinerary: Borobudur temple – Mt.Merapi – Prambanan Temple
Leaving in the morning from Hotel / Airport 8:00 am. Our tour go directly to Borobudur temple which is the Largest Buddhist temples and one of the World Heritage of Unesco. Once completed, you can isitirahat briefly for lunch at a nearby restaurant. Then our tour continues towards Mount Merapi as one of the active volcanoes in Indonesia.We can see up close using a Jeep with Jeep car hire Rp.350.000 for a capacity of 5 people. Then proceed to Prambanan temple as one of the largest Hindu temple and see the sunset at the Temple Pramabanan. Back to Hotel or Airport. Done.
List Price Car Rental Yogyakarta:
- New Toyota Avanza 500,000
- New Toyota Innova 600,000
- Isuzu ELF (12 Seats) Rp.900.000
2.Tour Itinerary: Kraton Jogja – Taman Sari – Jogja City – Parangtritis
Depart at 9:00 am the morning straight to Kraton Yogyakarta. Sultan Palace is the center of Javanese culture and development as the residence of the king Mataram. Here you get understand the traditions and historical objects. Our tour continues to the Taman sari or Water Castle for a princess with a unique building. Breaks and lunch to try the traditional food warm Yogyakarta and shopping for souvenirs and shopping around the city of Yogyakarta to the famous Batik Jogja. Topped off to Parangtritis beach to see the sunset and feeling the waves of fresh south coast. Tour finished, return back to Hotel.
List Price Car Rental Yogyakarta:
- New Toyota Avanza 500,000
- New Toyota Innova 600,000
- Isuzu ELF (12 Seats) Rp.900.000
3.Tour Itinerary: Goa Pindul – Scenic Beach in Gunung Kidul
Departing early morning at 8:00 am. Beeline Pindul Cave with river menyusurui Kalisuci inside Goa Pindul by using the tube. Goa is beautiful with naturally formed filled staglatit active. Take rest and lunch. Then travel the tour proceed to Kukup Beach, Krakal and the latter to the Indrayanti beach to see Sunset with white sand and clean along this coast. Done and back to the Hotel in Jogja.
List Price Car Rental Yogyakarta:
- New Toyota Avanza 600,000
- New Toyota Innova Rp.700.000
- Isuzu ELF (12 Seats) Rp.950.000
4.Tour Itinerary: Sermo – Kalibiru – Kedung Waterfall – Tea Gardens Nglinggo.
Depart at 9:00 am the morning straight to the Sermo Reservoir see landscapes and continued toward Kalibiru to see the beauty of the mountains incise with natural fresh air and take pictures. Then the show tour continues to enjoy the beauty of the waterfall and the Kedung waterfall and Nglinggo tea gardens while enjoying a warm cup of coffee. Tour event finished, go back to Jogja
List Price Car Rental Yogyakarta:
- New Toyota Avanza 600,000
- New Toyota Innova Rp.700.000
For car rental reservations in Yogyakarta, you should make reservations in advance. Special Weekend and Holidays in Yogyakarta often attacked tourists holidaying in Yogyakarta. Certainly a lot of hotels, flights and rental cars in Yogyakarta always fullbook when on High season. We suggest you book in advance to the car rental company in Yogyakarta a few days before your departure date.
For ease of pick up and meeting point on your first day in Yogyakarta. You must inform details about the date of arrival, flight number, time of arrival if you use flight, train or the name and time of arrival if you use the train. Do not forget to inform your full name and mobile phone number /celuller number you for make easy of communication.
Booking Hotel in Yogyakarta
The travel guide in Yogyakarta : Booking hotel is one of the things that is very important in planning a tourist trip in Yogyakarta. High season because at the time, many hotels in Yogyakarta filled by tourists who want to vacation in Yogyakarta. Hotel reservations required in advance, so that your holiday and tour in Yogyakarta more comfortable.
The travel guide in Yogyakarta, also will provide details star hotel, homestay or inns that are tailored to your holiday budget.
Star Hotels in Yogyakarta :
- Hotel Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta
- Hotel Sheraton Mustika
- Hotel Tentrem
- Hotel Melia Purwosani
- Hotel Phoenix
- Hotel Novotel Yogyakarta
- Hotel Royal Ambarukmo
- Hotel Santika Primier
- Hotel Harper Mangkubumi
- The 101 Hotel Yogyakarta
- Style Hotel Ibis Malioboro
- Hotel Ibis Malioboro
- Hotel Jambuluwuk Malioboro
- Hotel Inna Garuda
- Hotel Grand Zuri Malioboro
Non Star Hotel / Guest House :
Prices range from 150,000 to Rp.350.000 per room / night.
- Hotel Peti Mas in Dagen, Malioboro
- Hotel Blue Shapire in Dagen, Malioboro
- Hotel Lilik in Dagen, Malioboro
- Hotel Kumbokarno in Dagen, Malioboro
- Hotel Malioboro Inn in Sosrowijayan, Malioboro
- Hotel Garage Ramayanana in Sosrowijayan, Malioboro
- Homestay Bladog in Sosrowijayan, Malioboro
- Summer Season Hotel in Sosrowijayan, Malioboro
- Hotel Pyrenees in Sosrowijayan, Malioboro
- Hotel Gloria Amanda in Sosrowijayan, Malioboro
- Hotel Otyza in Sosrowijayan, Malioboro
- Kartika Hotel in Sosrowijayan, Malioboro
- Indonesia Hotels Sosrowijayan, Malioboro
Similarly, the information that we recommend to andan on the travel guide for tour in Yogyakarta, hopefully this article useful for those who want to hold an event in Yogyakarta travel vacation. Hopefully during the tour in Yogyakarta trip will be more enjoyable and safe as well as a traveling experience that will not be forgotten travel in Yogyakarta.